Launching the ship this week for Carben Ventures has been an amazing ride - thank you to everyone for the great amount of support!
We have some great content planned for the website and blog to help entrepreneurs and business leaders grow their revenue, teamwork, fundraising success, and product initiatives moving forward.
But first, please check out a recent interview with Nick Hughes and Founders Live.
Download and listen now here!
Wow, we covered a lot on the show. If you are starting or running a business this is your chance to learn from my dumb mistakes!
There are so many lessons learned in here.
This is a like a free MBA in 47 minutes.
Here is a quick recap to get you started:
- We discuss my background growing up in NYC as the son of a computer geek and two entrepreneurs.
- We recount how we found a problem in the ticketing space while working for a Paul Allen's Vulcan for the Seattle Seahawks and Mariners.
- We talk side hustling and taking the leap to FT business.
- We cover fundraising and finding our fist investor (after 99 rejections, ugh).
- I dive deeper into what that first investment meant to me, and how that investment was so much more than just a check.
- We review how we pivoted several times to improve the business and our product-market fit. Sometimes this took huge sacrifices from the team.
- Speaking of which, we discuss team, how to build one, and how to have company values that drive a shared mission.
- We discuss the exit and how Bandwagon (our first customer!) was a relationship that only grew from Day 1.
- And there is so much more in this podcast.
Finally, a bit of a teaser here, stay tuned for our own announcement of the Carben Ventures show - LANDING THE SHIP - coming soon. We are going to cover entrepreneurs in a whole new way and we couldn't be more excited to share this valuable content.
Also this week (in case you missed it), Carben Ventures joined WTIA's Racial Diversity in Tech initiative as a Founder Member. You can see my personal message here on the CV YouTube channel.